To alleviate localized flooding occuring in the communities of Kingsland and Kelvin Grove, upgrades are requires to existing infrastructure. The objective is to upsize two sections of storm pipe to increase the level of service in the community.
- The construction sites will be a portion of Elbow Drive between 70th Avenue SW and 73rd Avenue SW (project N), and 75th Avenue between Elbow Drive and 7th Street SW (project D).
- The infrastructure upgrades include twinning a section of storm pipe that crosses Elbow Drive between 70th Avenue and 73rd Avenue SW, and upsizing a section of storm pipe along 75th Avenue SW between ELbow Drive and 7th Street SW.
See Project Areas N & D
- Road closures will be required along Elbow Drive and 75th Avenue SW to accommodate the work.
- Appropriate traffic accommodations and detours will be in place.
- To minimize the impacts to traffic, work requiring the closure of Elbow Drive will take place on weekends only.
- Any laydown areas will be within the road right of way and will not impact private property
- Noise and dust impacts will be monitored to ensure they are within the limits as outlined in the appropriate bylaws
- Work hours will be Monday to Sunday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. To minimize the impacts to traffic, work requiring the closure of Elbow Drive will take place on weekends only.
- Stakeholders such as nearby businesses and nearby residents will be notified of the project.
Construction Duration: Construction is expected to take approximately two weeks to complete and is scheduled to start on July 15, 2016 though there is a possibility construction beginning is delayed until July 22.
Visit the Storm Drainage Recovery & Resiliency Projects website
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.