On Tuesday, February 11th the Priorities and Finance Committee will consider a Flood Tax Relief Program for Calgary. This is being brought forward by city administration in response to Council’s enquiries in February, and as a way to take advantage of the provincial Tax Relief program.
The highlights of what the City program will be, once approved by City Council, are:
- Anyone out of their property (either residential or business) for more than 90 days can apply to The City;
- The City will add 30 days credit to the application (if you were out for 110 days, you will get tax credit for 140 days);
- The program will run for three tax years: 2013, 2014, 2015;
- Any current year penalties on qualifying properties will be credited back;
- Interest will also be paid on the credit, from January 1st, 2014.
Please see the report that will be presented to the Priorities and Finance Committee for more details on the program and the process for applying.
Applications will be available on March 3rd.
If you would like to receive an email reminder from the Ward 11 Office, with a link to the application forms, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to be added to our email list.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.