Irrigation work has begun in RIver Park. Temporary closures will be ineffect for this work to occur. Park user access will not be affected as the gravel trail running north-south will remain open. Only areas of active construction will be closed off for public safety.
Other advancements to the River Park, Sandy Beach, Britannia Slopes Improvement Project include:
- The construction on the Sandy Beach parking lot is in full motion. To expedite this process and to ensure public safety, the access road remains closed during the week. The work is targeted to be complete by early summer.
- Work has begun on the timber stairs up the escarpment to River Park. Temporary closure signage is up and detour information is posted onsite and online.
- The Caragana stands at the north end of the park have been removed for CPTED (Crime Prevention in Environmental Design) and as part of a city wide movement to remove this type of invasive species. These shrubs have been replaced with well spaced native trees which opens up the entry to the park.
- Upgrades to the Sandy Beach Picnic sites are complete and the new picnic sites are under construction.
- The upgrade to the washroom is complete and accessible pathways are currently being constructed.
For more information visit Calgary.ca/riverpark
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.