Upgrades are required to existing water infrastructure in the community of Altadore to help mitigate localized flooding, and to accommodate future development in the Currie Barracks area.
This project will occur in three phases to upgrade the sanitary main along 14 Street S, 38 Avenue SW and Sifton Boulevard to increase flood resilience in the area and continue to provide a high level of sanitary service while The City grows.
It is important to note that schedules may change depending on a number of factors, including approvals, weather, soil conditions and other items that could affect construction.
View the diagram of the three phases of work
UPDATE August 31, 2016
There were some delays with the upcoming sanitary upgrade work. Here is the updated construction schedule:
Phase 1 is now scheduled to begin September 6, 2016 and is still expected to take two and a half weeks.
Phase 2 is now scheduled to begin mid to late September and will be completed in approximately two weeks.
Phase 3 is expected to begin late September or early October, and will be completed in approximately two weeks.
Previously announced schedule:
Phase 1 was scheduled to begin August 28, 2016, to take approximately two and a half weeks to complete.
Phase 2 was expected to begin mid-September, to be completed in approximately two weeks.
Phase 3 was expected to begin near the end of September, anticipated to be complete by the end of September.
• Approximately 323 meters of 900mm (36 inch) diameter pipe and
approximately 116 metres of 600mm (24 inch) diameter pipe will be installed.
• Open-cut excavation will be used for this project, meaning the entire
section of road will be excavated.
• During construction a by-pass sanitary system will be installed so
service is not disrupted.
• North Star Contracting will be completing the work on behalf of
• The work will be completed in three phases to accommodate traffic
in the area. See the map of the back of this notice for the three phases.
• Road closures will be required along 14 Street S, 38 Avenue S.W.
and Sifton Boulevard to accommodate the work.
• Traffic detours and signage will be in place.
• To minimize the impacts to traffic, the work will be completed in
three phases to allow for detours.
• There will be some temporary sanitary service disruptions as a
by-pass system is installed and removed – all impacted households will be
notified in advance.
• Lay down areas for construction equipment will be within the road
• Noise and dust impacts will be monitored to fall within bylaw
• Work hours are Monday to Sunday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Learn about other Water construction, upgrades & repairs projects.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.