Spring Road Clean-up starts Monday April 13!
The City’s annual Spring Clean-Up program is kicking-off Monday April 13, weather permitting of course, and will finish just in time for Stampede!
Although the official Spring Clean-Up start date is next week, you may have already seen sweepers in your area. During Spring Clean-Up a whopping 15,000 lane kilometres of roadway are maintained. City crews are taking advantage of the fair weather to get a jump start on this massive undertaking to reduce the amount of material that can get washed away into our storm sewer system. You can read the pre-Clean-Up update here.
The City’s annual Spring Clean-Up maintenance program improves safety and mobility in Calgary by removing sanding materials and other debris that have accumulated on roads, sidewalks and boulevards. Keeping Calgary clean and beautiful is a collaborative effort. You can help by:
- Putting trash or recycling in appropriate receptacles.
- Moving vehicles or carts from the street when sweeping is scheduled.
If gravel, dust and other debris is left behind in the case a car has not been moved you can sweep up the debris by following these steps:
- When cleaning up gravel, dust, rocks and other debris put all materials into a garbage bag and double bag it. This will help keep the air free of dust and keep garbage collection vehicles clean as well.
- Rocks and other material may be heavy and need to be double-bagged to avoid punctures and rips in the bags.
- For your garbage collector’s safety, make sure your bags are not overweight (less than 20 kg) and place all debris inside your black cart for removal.
To find out when sweeping is scheduled in your community, watch for signs in your area or enter your address here.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.