The Pedestrian Strategy
is being developed by The City of Calgary to help us create a better quality pedestrian environment in the city. The ultimate goal is to encourage more Calgarians to walk more often, while making it easier and safer to do so.
The strategy will focus on:
- Improving pedestrian safety,
- Providing universal accessibility,
- Improving the quality of and experience of the pedestrian realm,
- Promoting a culture of walking, and
- Furthering walking as a sustainable, convenient and viable part of Calgary’s multi-modal transportation system.
is already a popular way of getting around Calgary and the City is holding public kick-off events for the Pedestrian Strategy. I encourage you to attend the drop in sessions to learn more about the project and provide input on what is important to you when walking in your community.
Saturday March 14, 2015
10am – 12pm
Haysboro Community Centre
1204 89 Avenue SW
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.