The City of Calgary needs to decide what to do with 52 million dollars due to the Provincial Government's choice to reduce education tax for 2013. City Council wants your opinion on five options. Let Council know what YOU think!
- Give it back - Lowering the taxes that homeowners pay
- Let the buses roll - Creating a new dedicated capital fund for Calgary Transit
- Give business a break - Reducing the tax rate for businesses
- Revitalize our communities - Investing in maintenance and renewal of older neighbourhoods
- Drop the debt - Reducing the City's debt and our annual interest payments
I have always advocated for giving this money back to taxpayers, but am very interested to hear what Ward 14 residents think. Visit calgary.ca/52million to have your say.
Thank you to the thousands of Calgarians who submitted their feedback on the five options for what to do with the $52 million.
All your feedback will now be collated verbatim and shared with the rest of Council and I. The feedback will also be posted on the calgary.ca/52million website the second week of July.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.