I would like to take this opportunity to wish residents of Ward 2 a Happy Thanksgiving. In spite of the economic challenges we face in both our city and province, as Calgarians we still have much to be grateful for.
This year’s construction season is wrapping up and despite the many delays due to our wet summer, many infrastructure enhancements and community improvements were complete throughout the communities in Ward 2. Some of these improvements include:
• Stoney Trail / Sarcee Trail NW Interchange upgrade – to be completed by year end.
• Twinning of 112 Ave west of Sarcee Trail NW – to be completed by year end.
• Crowfoot Way NW Enhanced Crosswalk Markings & Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon (RRFB).
• RRFB for Crosswalk at Arbour Lake Road NW & Arbour Crest Drive NW.
• Re-development of the pathway under Symons Valley Parkway NW.
• New pathway at Robert Thirsk High School.
For Sage Hill and area transit riders Route 429 has been extended from the current terminus in Sherwood to the Sage Hill transit hub just north of the Sage Hill Walmart. This change will provide a new connection from the Sage Hill and Kincora area to the northwest LRT, as well as provide connections to Route 425 and the north central area of the city. It will also help connect the newly emerging shopping centre to surrounding communities.
Halloween is coming up and with children excited and in costumes, please remember to slow down and be especially cautious in residential neighborhoods and around playground zones.