City of Calgary Annual Leaf & Pumpkin Composting Program
During the annual Leaf & Pumpkin Composting program Calgarians can bring bagged leaves an pumpkins to any of our 36 seasonal depots, including the three City landfills. This year's program runs from Saturday, September 27 to Sunday, November 9.
- A list of depot locations can be found at www.calgary.ca/waste or by call 311.
- Calgarians are encouraged to bring their leaf and pumpkin waste to drop-off locations in paper yard waste bags rather than plastic bags.
- This program is intended for residents. landscapers and other businesses can take their commercial loads to one of the three city landfills. Charges will apply.
- Rocks sod and soil are unsuitable for composting and should not be left at drop-off locations.
- By composting, this material is kept out of the landfill and given a second life as compost.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.