Councillor Ray Jones' 6th Annual Community Cleanup Day, June 18, 2016 will provide FREE, on-site disposal services including:
- Residential waste and garbage collection - The City of Calgary will collect household waste and residential garbage
- Yard waste - Your spring yard waste collected will be kept out of the landfill and used by The City as compost in its gardens and parks.
- Electronic recycling - We will be providing secure electronics recycling at all seven locations. Acceptable electronics include: televisions, CPUs (central processing units) keyboards, cables, speakers, monitors, printers, laptops and notebooks.
- Tire recycling - tires and tires with rims will be accepted at Don Hartman Northeast Sportsplex only (5206 - 68 ST NE
Household hazardous waste will not be accepted. For more information on household hazardous waste or drop-off locations visit calgary.ca/waste or contact 311.
Donations of non-perishable food items for the local food bank will be gratefully accepted in exchange for these free services.
We are building our volunteer teams!
We are looking for people to help us plan and coordinate the event as well as people to work with us on June 18, 2016. Individuals can volunteer or community groups can partner with a local community association. By doing so, you will help bring our communities together, meet new people, and discover all the services the community associations can offer. Contact your local community association to volunteer:
2. Falconridge/Castleridge (403) 280 - 4422 or email email@example.com
3. Martindale (403) 930 - 6188 extension 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Pineridge (403) 280 - 2774 or email email@example.com
5. Rundle (403) 852 - 3952 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Temple (403) 280 - 5466 or email email@example.com
7. Whitehorn (403) 280 - 2880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a local business, trucking/delivery or food service? Are you interested in helping this great community effort by donating your services, items or gifts? Please contact: (403) 268 - 1659 or email email@example.com
Don't Forget to Share Your Stories!!
Tweet us using #NEPride or #Ward5Cleanup
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.