The City will be accepting real Christmas trees for recycling again this season. To prepare your tree for recycling, remove the tree stand and any ornaments and lights. Don’t bag or tie your tree.
There are two ways to participate:
Set your tree out for pick up: (Homes with black cart garbage collection can also leave their real trees out to be picked up)
• Place your tree on the ground near your black cart collection spot by 7 a.m. on January 9.
• Make sure the tree is not blocking the street, lane or sidewalk and is at least a foot away from your carts.
• Leave the tree out and it will be picked up within three weeks.
Take your tree to a temporary drop-off location between December 26 and January 31:
• Bowness Fire Station #15 - 6358 35 Avenue NW
• Prairie Winds Park - 223 Castleridge Blvd NE
• Bottomlands Park - St. George's Drive and 7 Avenue NE
• Marda Loop Communities Association - 3130 16 Street SW
• Parks Compound - 10312 Sacramento Drive SW
• Spyhill Landfill* - 69 Street and 112 Avenue NW
• East Calgary Landfill* - 17 Avenue and 68 Street SE
• Shepard Landfill* - 114 Avenue and 68 Street SE
* Landfill sites are closed Sundays and New Year’s Day.
Other Post-Holiday Waste Tips
How do I recycle wrapping paper?
As long as it doesn't contain any foil, ribbons, bows or string, almost all wrapping paper can be recycled in your blue cart or community recycling depot.
If you've got a big pile of wrapping paper, here are a few reminders:
• Crumple all your wrapping paper into balls
• Keep it loose in your blue cart or community recycling depot - don't bundle or bag it
Visit here for more Christmas waste item tips
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.