The Culture, Parks and Recreation Infrastructure Investment Plan (CPRIIP) and the Emergency Response Infrastructure Investment Plan (ERIIP) for 2013-2022 are strategic, long-range capital planning documents that outline community infrastructure investment priorities. These projects reflect citizen and community priorities, and represent the cultural, social, recreation and safety needs of Calgarians. They are essential elements in the vibrant urban fabric that makes Calgary a great place to live, work - and stay.
Showcasing Success - Playground and Tennis Court Upgrades
Maintaining safe and wholesome places for children to play and families to socialize supports The City of Calgary's goal of complete communities: Twenty-three playgrounds were completely replaced and four playgrounds received a new fall surface. Additionally, 28 tennis courts were upgraded at 10 sites across Calgary at a cost of $246,637. This work was made possible by the community investment fund and The City’s commitment to maintaining and improving quality recreational facilities and amenities for all citizens to enjoy.
The scope of work for each tennis court varied court site to site, from simple resurfacing to major redevelopment. A complete reconstruction of three tennis courts in the community of Pineridge cost $91,800, or 37 per cent of the total budget. See the video for more details.
Ward 5 priority projects for future investments include:
- Prairie Winds Park Lifecycle & Upgrade (Non-Wading Pool Infrastructure) (Parks & Legacy)
- 9-1-1 Technology Redundancy (Public Safety Communications)
- Critical Technology Upgrades (Public Safety Communications)
- Radio & Mobile Systems Lifecycle (Fire)
- Equipment Lifecycle (Fire)
- Personal Protective Equipment Lifecycle (Fire)
- Golf Course Buildings Lifecycle (Recreation)
- Golf Course Landscape Lifecycle (Recreation)
- Equipment Lifecycle (Public Safety Communications)
- CFD Heavy Fleet Lifecycle (Fire)
- Prairie Winds Spray Park Upgrades and Retrofits (Parks)
- Golf Courses Upgrades (Recreation)
- Technology System Integration (Public Safety Communications)
- Facility Lifecycle (Fire)
- Urban Search & Rescue Equipment (Fire)
- Headquarters (Fire)
- Roadway Landscaping Upgrades (Parks)
- Miscellaneous Hardware/Software Enhancements (Fire)
- CFD Light Fleet Lifecycle (Fire)
- Traffic Signal Priority GPS System Upgrade (Fire)
See the full document, Investing in Community Priorities 2013 - 2022
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.