Spring yard waste landfill drop-off
Between April 17 and May 31, Calgarians can bring their yard waste to any City of Calgary landfill for composting, FREE of charge. Before leaving for the landfill, we’re reminding Calgarians:
Make sure your load contains only yard waste like leaves, branches and plants (no sod – it can’t be composted).
- Yard waste should be in paper yard waste bags or left loose. Cover and secure loads of loose material before transporting.
- For faster service, visit the landfill on a weekday or before 9 a.m. on Saturday or Sunday when wait times are shorter.
Additional help available for tree debris clean-up
Residents that still have fallen trees and branches from last September’s snowstorm can contact 311
to request the removal of the tree debris. We ask for residents to:
- Stack branches and debris neatly near where you normally place your black cart for collection,
- if you have front street collection, place on the edge of your property without impeding roads, pathways or sidewalks.
- Keep stacked tree branches to no more than 4 feet in length.
- Leave the debris out and it will be picked up separately from residential garbage and recycling collection.
- Depot drop-offs are not available for tree debris clean up.
- All tree debris will be collected by May 31
Collection day reminders
As part of our customer service enhancements a new online tool is available for residents to find out their collection day and subscribe to some features to make it easier to remember.
Never miss a collection day again
Residents can visit calgary.ca/collectionschedule
and easily look-up their collection day and sign up to receive reminders via email, text, Twitter or embed the schedule into their online calendar. Voice messages and a printable calendar are available too.
For added convenience, a free mobile app for iPhone
devices is available for instant access to upcoming schedules and set up notifications.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.