Developments and Projects
Please check here for updates regarding new development and projects happening in Ward 6. The City has launched a few initiatives to better serve stakeholder planning and development needs. The newly implemented Planning System at at www.calgary.ca/planningsystem
is a streamlined way for customers to apply online, citizens to provide feedback on land use and development permits, as well as Community Associations to provide their feedback on planning initiatives. This consolidated site has all Planning and Development related information in one place!
• This site includes a community association (CA) hub to receive planning information and provide feedback. As part of this hub they have completely revamped the Community Context Questionnaire to better serve our customers, which can be filled out and mailed in or completed online. Community Association Feedback Form.pdfCommunity Association Feedback Form.pdf
• As a customer, you now have a place to apply for an Explore Meeting and Concurrent Submission.
• As a community, you now have a consolidated place for information on Planning and Development related information.
• As a citizen, you now have a way to provide feedback on Notice Postings and the Planning and Development Map.
• As a citizen, you now have a coherent history - “Our Story” provides a history of improvements in Planning and Development online services over the past few years.
There is also an online mapping tool to allow citizens to comment on and follow land use redesignation applications at www.calgary.ca/developmentmap.
Users can follow the progress of redesignation applications from submission through decision by City Council. The site includes plain language descriptions of land use applications and users can submit comments to the File Manager for City Planners and Council online. Applications can be searched by file number, address, community or ward.
The site is in beta mode and City staff are continuously working to populate all application pages with plain language descriptions and application details. Tweaks to the existing map, along with new features will be added over 2016, including more application types, like Development Permits, and file descriptions. Check here for updates.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.