Below is an update on the Bow Trail construction that is currently underway and wrapping up in the coming weeks. The City will have a web page online, which will contain the same information as below. It will be updated on a regular basis as the project progresses.
Thursday, July 24, to Tuesday, July 29 - eastbound Bow Trail paving
- Eastbound and westbound Bow Trail will have a number of daily traffic lane closures, between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m., to accommodate road construction and paving.
- 45 Street S.W. at Bow Trail
- 45 Street will be closed for a short period of time this weekend to accommodate paving.
- When 45 Street is closed, the easiest way to access local businesses is by using 17 Avenue S.W. and then driving north on 45 Street.
- 46 Street S.W. at Bow Trail
- 46 Street will be closed for a short period of time on Monday or Tuesday to accommodate paving.
- Access to 46 Street is restricted to a “right-in” from eastbound Bow Trail to accommodate utility work on a gas line.
- 46 Street will fully open when paving is complete.
Through July and August, The City is reconstructing eastbound Bow Trail between 37 Street and Sarcee Trail. This project is lengthier compared to other road work because crews are rebuilding the road, including its foundation. This work is necessary as part of its long-term life cycle maintenance to make sure Bow Trail is safe and drivable for people travelling in the area for the next 20 years.
Construction is scheduled to be complete on the eastbound lanes in early August. In September, Water Services will begin to relocate a water main utility line on westbound Bow Trail, between 37 Street S.W. and 38 Street.
Week of July 21
- Complete gas utility relocation at 46 Street S.W.
- Begin preparation for final paving and begin final paving on eastbound Bow Trail, between Sarcee Trail and 37 Street S.W.
Week of July 28
- Complete final paving on eastbound Bow Trail, between Sarcee Trail and 37 Street S.W.
- Complete final paving of eastbound and westbound Bow Trail between 37 Street S.W. and pedestrian bridge.
Water main utility work
In September, westbound Bow Trail, between 37 Street and 39 Street will close to accommodate work to replace a water main utility. Details on construction schedule and traffic detours will be available closure to the date.
Bow Trail Construction website
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.