Construction begins on Westhills Way SW
Located behind the Rona, Best Buy and Mark’s stores, Westhills Way is a South West Calgary Ring Road (SWCRR) project that The City is constructing. When the SWCRR opens in fall 2021, this new road will connect Richmond Road SW directly with the SWCRR, providing a new access for people visiting the Westhills shopping area. Before 2021, it will be an access to The City’s new Sarcee Operations Works Centre administration building.
Here are a few highlights of the new road and design:
• Adds an access for people visiting the Westhills shopping areas, in late fall 2021
• Helps redistribute traffic in and out of the area
• Connects directly to the SWCRR
• Includes regional pathways on both sides, connecting to the Richmond Road pathway
• Maintains the existing earth berm on the west side (no impacts to the berm are expected)
• Provides access to The City’s new Sarcee Operations Works Centre administration building
Construction has begun on Westhills Way SW and will continue through to fall 2016, when the road is expected to be completed. Calgarians can begin using the road to access the Westhills area once the SWCRR opens in late 2021. More information can be found on the project webpage at calgary.ca/westhillsway.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.