Public feedback sessions
Calgary Transit is hosting a number of public feedback sessions throughout April and into May. Key Transit staff will be available at the public sessions to take part in an open dialogue with customers and area residents and to obtain feedback on the existing feeder bus routes.
On the West LRT:
- Westbrook Station: Main Floor – Wednesday, 2013 April 10 : 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- 69 Street Station: East Station Head – Wednesday, 2013 April 11 : 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- 45 Street Station: East Plaza – Wednesday, 2013 April 17 : 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Sunalta Station: Ground Floor – Monday, 2013 April 22 : 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Sirocco Station: Westbound Platform – Wednesday, 2013 April 24 : 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Shaganappi Point Station: Westbound Platform – Friday, 2013 May 3 : 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm
In the Community:
- Richmond Terminal: Wednesday, 2013 May 1 : 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Glamorgan Community Hall: Thursday, 2013 April 18 : 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Strathcona Community Hall: Tuesday, 2013 April 23 : 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Transit also had staff available at our Ward 6 open house on April 16 to discuss concerns and collect feedback.
Ongoing review of West LRT feeder buses
Along with the opening of the West LRT, the area bus network has been reoriented to become a feeder bus network, shuttling passengers from their communities to local LRT stations. The feeder bus network plan was drafted in consultation with community representatives over the course of more than three years, including a public engagement period with several open houses, surveys, and requests for comments. A committee was formed with representatives from each affected community that worked alongside Transit Planners to draft the feeder bus system implemented on opening day. Several drafts were created and modified before the committee reached the final product.
Whenever transit services are revised or newly implemented, Calgary Transit undertakes a review in the following months to determine whether the new service is effectively and efficiently meeting the needs of customers. We are working with Transit on an ongoing review of the entire feeder bus network and LRT service to identify service gaps and potential adjustments to address them. Major adjustments will not be made until we have had sufficient time to collect the data and feedback needed to inform those decisions. Some minor adjustments have already been made however, and we continue to look for other ways to improve service in the meantime.
The following adjustments have already been made in response to feedback received by our office as well as Calgary Transit.
As of December 11, 2012:
- Route 452: Weekday peak service frequency was increased from every 45 minutes to every 22/23 minutes.
As of January 7, 2013:
- Route 112: The 6:15 am trip from West Hills Centre now departs three minutes earlier at 6:12 am, with the addition of a new trip departing at 6:22 am.
- Route 94: A new trip was added departing from 51 Street and 39 Avenue SW towards Westbrook Station at 5:25 am, with a new trip departing from Westbrook at 5:40 am to 69 Street Station.
As of April 22, 2013:
- Route 93: Temporary detour off of Sienna Park Drive, as seen in the map below. This is being tested as a potential routing change and feedback is encouraged.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.