The following are brief notes of some of your Ward 6 team achievements and ongoing work on your behalf at City Hall since the election:
- As Chair of the Audit committee, I am pleased to report that we approved 7 value for money audits to be performed by the City Auditor in different business units
- At Council we approved zero based reviews of City business units that start with a process of assessing whether Calgary is really best served by having the City delivering the service.
- Performing ongoing assessment of all LRT feeder bus routes with adjustments being made as required
- Continue to work with Transit security on new smart phone apps to enable discreet alerts of inappropriate behaviour posted by riders
- Secured unanimous Council support for changes to the Transit Access Handi-Bus service for the physically and mentally challenged to gain fair use of this service.
- Testing solar powered flashing cross walk lights for City-wide use. We hope these highly desirable safety lights will be much less expensive to install than what currently exists.
- Won Council support for an innovative solution for cell tower locations in new communities, planning in advance for tower locations to provide some certainty to home buyers where the towers will be placed
- Working with community associations and neighbourhoods on traffic congestion solutions and ensuring the Provincial ring road project is part of our traffic solutions in the Ward
- Presented plan for comprehensive service enhancements for public transit services (extended peak hour feeder bus service in our Ward) to Council at budget debate. Sadly though, this did not get council support. I will renew this fight at the November budget debate
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.