Property Tax Assistance Program: Help is available.
The City of Calgary may provide a grant/credit of the increase in residential property taxes from 2015 to 2016.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
• Experience an increase in property taxes from 2015 to 2016.
• Live in the principal residence for a minimum of one year.
• Own no other property.
• Must meet low income guidelines of the Fair Entry Program.
• Provide an acceptable proof of household income for all members 18 years of age and older.
• Apply for the grant/credit by Dec. 1, 2016.
Even if you are not eligible for the Property Tax Assistance Program, we may be able to help you access other community resources.
Please note: Even though an application has been made to the Property Tax Assistance Program, all property taxes must be paid in full by the due date, June 30, 2016, to avoid a seven per cent penalty.
For more information, or to apply, please contact 311 or visit calgary.ca/FairEntry.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.