Need help accessing City of Calgary programs, services or facilities? The City has several programs that are offered at a subsidized rate for Calgarians who may have trouble affording them. They have also implemented a new Fair Entry process to make applying for fee subsidized City services easier.
Fair Entry means one application for five subsidy programs. This application allows Calgarians to have their income level assessed for available programs and services. Programs and services available for this financial assistance are:
1. Calgary Transit Low-Income Transit Pass Program – Reduced price of monthly pass for eligible adults (18+) and/or youth (6-17 yrs) that allows unlimited access to all regular Calgary Transit services.
2. Recreation Fee Assistance Program – The Fee Assistance Program offers-low income Calgarians subsidized access to City of Calgary registered programs and admissions to Aquatics & Fitness Centres, Leisure Centres, Art Centres, Golf Courses and a number of local Fee Assistance program partners.
3. Property Tax Assistance Program – Available to low-income homeowners who experience an increase in their property tax. If approved, homeowners also receive a rebate on City waste and recycling fees.
4. No Cost Spay/Neuter Program – Free spay/neuter surgery for eligible companion cats and dogs offered by Animal & Bylaw Services. Not available to breeders and only to adult (18+) pet owners.
5. Seniors Services Home Maintenance – Basic yard care, snow removal, house cleaning, painting and minor repairs for low-income seniors to help them live securely in their homes longer.
For more information please contact 311 or visit calgary.ca/fairentry. Apply in person at:
Municipal Building, 3rd Floor
800 MacLeod Trail S.E.
Hours of operation: Municipal Building: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Calgary Public Library, Village Square Branch
2623 56 Street N.E.
Hours of operation: Village Square: Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.