June 3, 2016 – The City of Calgary is recruiting volunteers to fill positions on various Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCCs). Public Members serving on these BCCs provide guidance to City Council on important civic issues ranging from accessibility, planning to public art.
This year, The City is looking for volunteers to fill vacancies on various Boards, Commissions and Committees. Membership requirements vary depending on the Board, Commission and Committee, however, The City of Calgary is looking for residents of Calgary, who are at least 18 years of age:
• With a desire to give back to the community,
• With specific expertise relevant to the qualifications a specific Board, Commission or Committee may be looking for,
• Interested in the legislative process, and
• With time available to commit to membership.
Vacancies exist on the following BCCs:
Aboriginal Urban Affairs Committee (Calgary)
Advisory Committee on Accessibility
Airport Authority (Calgary)
BiodiverCity Advisory Committee
Calgary Parking Authority
Calgary Technologies Inc
Calgary Transit Access Eligibility Appeal Board
Combative Sports Commission
Council Compensation Review Committee
eGovernment Strategy Advisory Committee
Heritage Authority (Calgary)
Planning Commission (Calgary)
Police Commission (Calgary)
Protective Services Citizen Oversight Committee
Public Art Board
Taxi Limousine Advisory Committee
More information on the Board, Commission or Committee mandates, eligibility requirements, length of term, and time commitments for Public Members can be found by visiting calgary.ca/cityclerks. To apply for a position:
• Applicants can apply online by filling out the application form on calgary.ca/cityclerks; or
• Contact the City Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (403) 268-5861 for assistance.
The deadline to submit an application is Thursday, June 30, 2016.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.