Investing in long-term infrastructure projects that keeps our city moving and plans for our future growth is a top priority for City Council. Though these projects are absolutely necessary for us to tackle some of our transportation problems, there can be some short-term headaches and frustrations that come when major infrastructure projects are under construction.
The goal of your Team Ward 9 is to keep you as up-to-date as possible when major infrastructure projects are underway and let you know how they may affect your community.
Last week, the Glenmore Trail and Ogden Road S.E. Interchange Project started construction and is expected to be complete in late 2017. When the project is finished it will create a free flow roadway with no signal lights between Barlow Trail S.E. and Sarcee Trail S.W.
The project will initially start with the Glenmore Trail detour, which is expected to be complete in spring 2016. This detour will allow for traffic to flow through the area while the new roadway and interchange are being constructed, which will take approximately 18 months.
There will also be temporary lane restrictions and closures through the time frame of the project.
Right now, you may feel some of the construction impacts of piling (installing foundations for the new bridges), which may include loud noises and vibrations.
- Piling will take place from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday to Saturday.
- Mid-August to mid-September – piling near intersection of Ogden Rd. And Glenmore Tr. S.E.
- Mid-September to mid-October – piling near intersection of Western Headworks Canal and Glenmore Tr. S.E.
The Project Scope includes:
- New interchange at Glenmore Trail and Ogden Road S.E., including a new bridge over Ogden Road.
- New bridge over CPR and CNR tracks, Western Headworks Canal and future Southeast LRT tracks.
- New roadway on Glenmore Trail between Ogden Road and Barlow Trail S.E.; realignment of Ogden Road S.E.
- Utility and storm water work, as necessary.
- Improved street lighting; landscaping.
- Construction of sidewalks and pathways.
Read the latest Glenmore Trail/Ogden Road Interchange update from the City of Calgary.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.