View other Calgary Police facts and figures.
Source: CPS Finance Section
To enable our officers to focus on policing, we hire civilians to carry out specialized roles. Key civilian roles include:
- providing analytical support for investigations and crime management strategy,
- processing records of incidents,
- accessing key Canadian databases to check criminal records and information,
- providing documents for disclosure to Crown Prosecutors,
- providing forensic crime scene support,
- implementing legislative requirements into policy and procedures,
- and training of recruits, amont many other roles.
Calgary Police Service is made up of:
- 26.2% - civilian
- 73.8% - sworn officers