The Calgary Police Service wants to help people get out of gangs. If you need help, or if you know someone who does, call the Gang Help Line at: 403-428-8191.
You can also find support through other agencies, including our Youth at Risk Development (YARD) program.
Reporting gang activity
Are you worried that a gang may be operating in your community, or that your child, a friend or a loved one is in danger of becoming involved with a gang? Have you seen any suspicious activity?
Call the police by dialling 9-1-1 immediately if you witness a crime in progress.
In a non-emergency situation, please report a crime online or call the non-emergency line at 403-266-1234.
Help for gang members and concerned parents is available from the following groups and agencies:
- The Calgary Police Service's Diversity Resources Unit - 403-206-8150.
- Kids Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868 - offering free, confidential counseling for youth 24/7.
- Crime Stoppers - 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) - report criminal activity confidentially.
- Calgary Police School Resource Officers - contact your child’s school for more information.
- School counsellors are available to help your child deal with a variety of issues.