If you've been sexually assaulted, please report it immediately.
The Calgary Police Service urges you to be vigilant about your personal safety whether out by yourself or with your friends. Here’s how you can protect yourself and your friends from being the victim of a sexual assault:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Develop a safety plan: let someone you trust know where you are going, and when to expect you back.
- If you are suspicious of someone, trust your instincts. Do not engage in any conversation and proceed to the nearest safe or public place and report the incident immediately.
- Don't drink anything that has not been opened or prepared in front of you.
- If you accept a drink from another person, you are putting yourself at risk.
- Don't leave your drink alone or with other people. Take it with you.
- If you see anything suspicious, call police at 403-266-1234 or call 9-1-1 to report a crime in progress.
Resources for victims
Please see the Information Guide for Vicitims of Sexual Assault provided by the Government of Alberta.
The Calgary Police Service's Sex Crimes Unit partners with the following organizations: