The Calgary Police Service's Child Abuse Unit investigates all cases of sexual abuse of children, as well as cases of severe physical abuse.
You can report suspected child abuse several ways:
- Contact the Calgary Police Service through 9-1-1 (in an emergency) or at 403-266-1234 (non-emergency);
- Visit one of the Calgary Police Service’s District Offices in person;
- Visit an Alberta Health Services medical facility or hospital;
- Contact Calgary and Area Child and Family Services through their 24 hour intake line at 403-297-2995. Referral sources are kept anonymous by this agency;
- Contact Crime Stoppers through their website or at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). This call can be made anonymously.
You can also refer to the Calgary and Area Child and Family Service's guide to reporting child abuse.
Reporting online child abuse
We are all responsible to ensure our children in the community are safe. Please report suspected abuse and be a part of the solution.
If you observe child abuse or child pornography on the internet, please report it immediately to Cybertip.ca. Cybertip will then forward the information to the regional policing agency to investigate. You can include images that you think may have occurred outside of your home province and Canada.