From rodeos and concerts to parades and the midway, the Calgary Exhibition and Stampede is greatest outdoor show on earth. During this annual event in July, we want both visitors and residents alike to stay safe while having fun.
Staying safe at Stampede
When you visit the Stampede grounds or another stampede event, please:
- Do not carry large amounts of cash.
- Be wary of pickpockets - keep money and valuables in a secure location on your person, as opposed to a backpack or purse that can be easily stolen or misplaced.
- Keep your wits about you, particularly when entering a crowd of people. Large crowds can quickly become unsafe, especially for children or smaller individuals. If you do not feel safe in the crowd, retreat immediately and go to a quiet spot where you can call for help, if required.
- Show children and seniors how to locate the Lost Kids Centre, or how to find a trustworthy person to ask for help if they become separated from their party.
- Report suspicious people or activity to Stampede security.
While taking transit
When using Calgary Transit for transportation to and from the Stampede grounds, keep the following tips in mind:
alert and aware of your surroundings
both ways before crossing the CTrain tracks
cross the tracks at the designated locations
behind the yellow line
your child’s hands
911 or use the Help phones on the platforms or in the CTrain in case of an emergency
you have any questions or concerns about your safety, let any of our transit