The recent deaths associated with PMMA/Ecstasy use in Alberta have raised much concern, and continue to generate much interest in engaging Alberta's youth in discussion.
The role of parents, teachers, and school leaders in promoting youth awareness and enabling informed decision making is critical.
- PMMA frequently asked questions
- MDMA frequently asked questions
- Poison and Drug Information Service (PADIS): 1-800-332-1414 or Alberta Health Services
- PADIS is a free, confidential, 24/7 service for all Albertans. PADIS staff are specially trained in the assessment & management of exposures to drugs & toxins.
- Addiction & Mental Health 24 hour Helpline: 1-866-332-2322.
- Concerned about your own drug or alcohol use? About the drug and/or alcohol use of a friend or loved one? Simply would like more information on drug & alcohol use? Contact the Addiction & Mental Health Helpline, 24/7.
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 - kidshelpphone.ca
- From trouble with homework to dealing with loss and grief to thoughts of suicide, kids can talk to Kids Help Phone about anything. Professional counsellors provide anonymous, confidential and non-judgmental support, 24/7.