If you are the victim of a break and enter of your home, you may suffer more than the loss of property. You may feel personally violated and have feelings of anger and fear. These are normal feeling.
Counselling resources for adults
The Distress Center
24-hour crisis line: 403-266-HELP (4357)
- 24-hour Information and support
- Access to free counseling services for individuals, groups and families
Calgary Counselling Centre
Telephone: 403-691-5991 (business hours)
- Long term counseling for individuals, families or couples
Eastside Family Counseling Centre
24-hour crisis line: 403-269-9699
Address: 255, 495 36 St. N.E., Northgate Mall
- No fee - immediate walk-in counseling for youth, individuals and families
- Monday to Thursday 11 a.m. - 7 p.m., Friday 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association
- Professional, culturally-sensitive counselling for immigrant women and their families who are experiencing transition challenges, relationship problems, abuse and trauma.
Calgary Seniors' Resource Society - Senior Connect
24-hour seniors' help line: 403-264-7700
- Helps seniors who might be at risk to connect to community support services that help them to live safely and independently in their homes.
Counselling resources for children and youth
Kids Help Phone
24-hour crisis line: 1-800-688-6868
- 24-hour online and counseling available for those 5-20 years old
24-hour crisis line: 1-403-264-8336 (TEEN)
- 24-hour Information and support for teens
- Peer support 5 - 10 p.m. daily, online or over the phone
Sherriff King- Safety Planning
24-hour crisis line: 403-266-0707
Police and Community Awareness Program (PCAP)
- Alerts residents in Calgary and surrounding rural areas to important situations such as criminal acts occurring in their area
Alberta Solicitor General and Public Security: Crime Prevention
Calgary Police Crime Prevention Team
- Crime mapping is available on the CPS homepage. Shows crime data within the last six months in every community of Calgary.
Resources for court appearances
Child Witness Court Preparation Court Program
Telephone: 403- 289-8385
- Providing tools and resources to help children and teens prepare for their day in court.
No one has the right to harm you or cause you to live in fear. Physical assault, harassment and threats are criminal actions - if you've suffered any of these, please report it to the police.