NOTE: If you require a Police Information Check for Immigration purposes you can attend any of our locations in person.
Do you need to obtain a Police Information Check from the Calgary Police Service? Please see our step-by-step instructions for obtaining a Police Information Check.
The costs for a Police information check are:
- $30.00 if required for employment; adoption, immigration, or other
- $15.00 if required for volunteer positions or an unpaid practicum only (with a letter from your organization)
- To be eligible for the $15 fee, applicants must obtain a letter issued from the organization stating the person’s name and the capacity they will be involved with i.e. volunteering or an unpaid practicum and must be signed by designate from that organization. If the organization is on a VOAN, this number must be quoted on the letter; the $15 fee will be waived.
- $0.00 if required for a volunteer position and the organization is on a VOAN previously registered with Calgary Police Service under the old VPIC program (individual must have a letter from the organization with the agency information on it.)
- If your volunteer organization has a ‘Voluntary Organization Authorization Number’ (VOAN) issued by Volunteer Alberta under the old VPIC program, that number must be on a volunteer letter issued from the organization, along with the person’s name and the volunteer capacity they will be involved with and must be signed by designate from that organization. For further info please contact Volunteer Alberta http://volunteeralberta.ab.ca/volunteer-police-information-check-program/
- Changes to the VPIC program came into effect July 1, 2016
- Beginning July 1, 2016 organizations with a Volunteer Organization Authorization Number (VOAN) issued through the VPIC Program were no longer able to use this number at police agencies to process PICs for volunteers at no charge
- After July 1, 2016, Alberta Culture and Tourism was no longer accepting invoices from police agencies for the cost of processing volunteer PICs through the VPIC program
- Police agencies were required to begin charging the $15.00 per volunteer PIC, previously covered under the VPIC program
- At the direction of Minister of Alberta Culture and Tourism the previous VPIC program has been temporarily reinstated effective September 19, 2016. Agencies that were registered with Calgary Police Service under the old VPIC program may continue to use their old VOAN number for qualified volunteers with their organization. Calgary Police Service will invoice Alberta Culture and Tourism the cost of processing these volunteer PICs.
- For more information regarding the VOAN program refer to the following Volunteer Alberta website.(http://volunteeralberta.ab.ca/volunteer-police-information-check-program/) or 780-482-3300 ext. 223.
Payment can be made by AMEX, Visa, MasterCard, or Interac/Debit. Cash is also accepted at the CPS Westwinds Campus only.
If you should have any further questions regarding this interim process, please contact the Police Information Check Unit.