Operating out of a state of the art forensic laboratory building, the Forensic Crime Scenes Unit's (FCSU) primary function is to impartially locate, collect and process trace, latent and physical evidence in order to link a person to a place or an object.
The FCSU provides support and assistance to investigators; provides expert testimony in court; and, attends and processes crime scenes conducting thorough forensic examinations including:
- Latent fingerprint examinations and friction ridge comparisons;
- forensic photography;
- forensic light source examinations;
- blood stain pattern analysis;
- footwear comparison and analysis;
- attends the Medical Examiner's Office to print cadavers for identification purposes;
- executes DNA warrants, orders and authorizations to obtain DNA samples; and,
- forward DNA samples from crime scenes and accused persons to the National DNA Data Bank.
Contact the Forensic Crime Scene unit
Calgary Police Service - Forensic Centre
200, 1010 – 26 Ave. S.E., Calgary, AB