The Calgary Police Service (CPS) offers you
- An opportunity to make a difference in local communities and be a part of North America's most progressive policing agency.
- Competitive salaries: Salary increases from $59,404 to $91,391 in the first five years.
- Generous benefit and pension plan.
- No application or testing fees.
- Paid training.
- Over 100 specialty areas in which to work.
- State-of-the-art technology.
- In-service training courses and continuous career-long learning.
- Post-secondary continued education funding for you and your children.
- The reward of making a positive difference in the lives of others.
In-service training and career development
The CPS offers its members ongoing training in a wide range of disciplines related to policing. Members can expect to be offered in-service training related to their needs and career goals.
The CPS is committed to continuous coaching as well as mentoring and provides members with educational support, insight, knowledge and guidance giving them the tools to develop themselves and their careers.
Career development support
The Employee Learning & Development Unit (ELDU) provides services to all employees of the Calgary Police Service.
- Prior learning assessments.
- Promotion of continuous learning initiatives.
- Liaison with post-secondary educational institutions.
The promotional process allows members of CPS to choose their career path. Members seeking advancement can opt to compete for promotion to either the rank of sergeant (supervisor) or detective (investigator).