REP Business Support Grant
Applications will be accepted from October 12, 2021, to November 30, 2021, or until funds are exhausted (whichever is sooner). Grants will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For this grant, eligible businesses or organizations are those required to adhere to the Calgary Vaccine Passport Bylaw 65M2021, which includes proof of vaccination, recent negative COVID-19 test, or the valid medical exemption letter to gain entry.
- Businesses must have a valid active City of Calgary business licence
- Businesses must occupy a permanent physical establishment within Calgary city limits
- Businesses are eligible to apply per location
- All recipients of the Calgary Business Support Grant may be disclosed
How to apply
Read the terms and conditions of the program.
To apply for the REP Business Support Grant, you will need the following information:
- Corporation/partnership/sole proprietor name
- Business licence number
- Operating as or trade name
- Business location address
- Nature of business
- Applicant must have proper authority to consent to the details of the application
- Business licence # - enter the full licence number including BL.
- Operating as/trade name - This maybe the name of the corporation as registered through corporate registries or the common name this business is referred to.
- Business location address - this is the permanent physical location this business is operating from.
Note: When you have successfully submitted your application, the screen will display a success message. Print that screen for your records. You will not receive an email confirmation
The City will provide notification of application status within 90 days of receipt of your application.
Need help applying?
Submit your inquiry online should you have further questions about this program or need assistance applying.
Note: due to the high volume of inquiries, The City will respond to your inquiry within seven business days. All inquiries will be answered in the order received.
Questions about the program
Starting on September 23, the following businesses, entities and events must require proof of vaccination, negative test result or a medical exemption letter for entry:
- Restaurants, including patios
- Casinos, Bingo Halls, VLT Lounges
- Entertainment and recreation centres, such as bowling, racing entertainment, arcades, billiards halls, other similar entertainment
- Museums, art galleries
- Movie theatres
- Conferences, meeting spaces, halls, and rented spaces
- Weddings and funerals held in public facilities where the facility maintains responsibility for adherence to these requirements
- Professional sporting or other performance events (spectators)
- Private social events held in public facilities where the facility maintains responsibility for adherence to these requirements
Recreation and fitness
- Recreation and fitness facilities
- Adult and youth (12-17) recreational sport groups (players and participants)
You can find a complete list of eligible businesses here.
A corporation, partnership or sole proprietor with multiple Calgary permanent physical premises is eligible to apply. A separate application will be required for each location.
To ensure transparency in the use of grant funds allocated under this program, The City of Calgary may publish a list of all recipients of the REP Business Support Grant. To qualify for this grant, consent must be received to agree for your business name, trade name and business location address to be disclosed to the public for this purpose.
Eligibility for the REP Business Support Grant will be based upon the primary use of the premise. Businesses will only qualify for one grant per location.
No. The REP Business Support Grant has a limited budget that provides targeted financial support to business owners to ensure compliance with municipal and provincial public health measures.
An eligible business is defined in section 2(1)(b) of Bylaw 65M2021, subject to conditions identified in the terms and conditions.
No. Businesses must have a valid active business licence operating out of a permanent location within Calgary city limits, to be eligible to apply.
Applicants must have a valid and active City business licence. Visit calgary.ca/mybusiness for questions on business licences.
No. The REP Business Support Grant is to support those businesses impacted by the municipal and provincial public health measures. Businesses must have a valid active business licence operating out of a permanent physical location within Calgary city limits.
No. This is a City of Calgary business grant program to support business owners to ensure compliance with municipal and provincial health measures. After introduction of the Province's REP measures in late September, The City began developing a grant program to assist local businesses. The grant was referenced in the Special Meeting of Council on September 22 and also highlighted at a Town Hall for businesses on October 1.
The funding for the Calgary Business Support Grant comes from the Calgary Covid Business Support Program (CCBSP), which Council approved on September 13, 2021. Money that had been previously allocated to the Calgary Reopening Grant Program (which has since closed) was redirected into the CCBSP.
No. This grant is funded by the Calgary Covid Business Support Program, which is money that Council directed be used for for-profit businesses. The City has provided support to non-profits through other programs during the pandemic. Please visit this page for more information: COVID-19 - Support for community partners (calgary.ca)
Questions about submitted applications
The City of Calgary will email all applicants as to the status of their application. Applicants will be notified within 90 days of when application is received. Please print the screen after your successful submission of the application for your records.
Applicants that are approved will receive notification from The City within 90 days of when the application was submitted. Cheques will be payable and mailed to the address provided on the application within 10 days of this notification.
The REP Business Support Grant provides targeted financial support for businesses impacted by the municipal and provincial health restrictions. The City’s decision on whether a business qualifies to receive a grant is final.