The Award for Accessibility
The Award for Accessibility recognizes buildings or facilities in Calgary that exceed the minimum requirements of Section 3.8, "Barrier-Free Design" of the Alberta Building Code for accessibility by persons with disabilities.
- The building must be operated by an organization other than The City of Calgary (the building can be situated on City of Calgary owned land).
- The building must have undergone construction, expansion or renovation within the past five years. The five-year timeline begins from the date the subject building or portion thereof was given permission by The City's Development Approvals and Building Safety division to be occupied.
- Nominations will not be considered if the majority of the accessibility features are not functional or completed.
See Eligibility Requirements for more criteria.
- Name and address of the building or facility being nominated for The Award for Accessibility.
- Project completion date.
- Name(s) of the current building owners and/or occupants.
- Organization(s) and/or consultant(s) responsible for the accessibility initiative.
- Describe the impact of the project for persons with disabilities. Focus on how the accessibility components of the project exceeds the minimum requirements of Section 3.8, "Barrier-Free Design" of the Alberta Building Code.
- Describe why you believe the nominee is deserving of this award.
For more information contact Development Approvals and Building Safety, The City of Calgary at 403-826-9970 or email@example.com.