Submit a Calgary Awards nomination
Nominations are now closed
Calgary Awards - Jan. 6 to Feb. 10, 2021
Nominations are accepted from January 6 to February 10, 2021, for the Calgary Awards (except The City of Calgary W.O. Mitchell Book Prize).
Please read the following steps carefully before starting your nomination.
As part of the nomination, you will be asked to describe the nominee’s achievements in 2020.
- Review the award criteria and prepare your responses before starting the nomination. The nomination form cannot be saved once you have started.
- Give specific examples or details (e.g. numbers, facts, examples, anecdotes) to show how the nominee met or exceeded expectations.
- Use simple and concise language.
- Answer each question as fully as possible. Each answer will be evaluated and scored separately.
- Review step 3 below for important information on supporting attachments.
In accordance with The City of Calgary’s Access and Privacy guidelines, nominees for The Calgary Awards Program must be aware that their personal contact information is being provided for the purposes of administering The Calgary Awards Program. Nominators must obtain verbal consent from the nominee prior to beginning the submission process.
A list of all nominees will be published on Calgary.ca following the 2020 Calgary Awards recipients announcement in June 2021.
To enhance the nomination, it is recommended that supporting attachments be included highlighting the relevance and merit of the nominee.
- Each file must be under 2 MB. Combine supporting documents into a maximum of three attachments with a combined total not to exceed 14 pages.
- Self-nominations for individuals require at least one letter of reference. Not required for organizations who self-nominate.
- Supporting materials may include letters of reference, testimonials and newspaper articles.
- Do not include web links or URLs; print and scan or copy and paste webpage content.
- Acceptable file types are: Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and images (.jpg or .jpeg).
Tip: Combine similar materials into one file. For example, combine all word documents into one document, or combine pdfs and webpages into one pdf.
The 2020 Calgary Awards recipients will be announced here and on social media in mid-June 2021.
Nominations for the 2021 Calgary Awards will open in January 2022.
Nominations for The City of Calgary W.O. Mitchell Book Prize were accepted from October 13 to December 31, 2020. See The City of Calgary W.O. Mitchell Book Prize for more information.
- For an optimal experience, use Google Chrome as your web browser.
- The nomination form cannot be saved. If the web browser session remains open, it will not time out and your work will not be lost.
- Copy and paste the “Nominee’s Achievements” section from the nomination form into a word document to compile your nomination content then copy and paste it back into the online form. This will allow you to save your work or share with others.
- The nomination form must be completed in English. Use Google Translate to assist you.
For more information, call 403-268-8881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.