Submit a Calgary Awards nomination
Please read the following steps carefully before starting your nomination.
As part of the nomination, you will be asked to describe the nominee’s achievements.
- Review the award criteria and prepare your responses before starting the nomination. The nomination form cannot be saved once you have started.
- Give specific examples or details (e.g. numbers, facts, examples, anecdotes) to show how the nominee met or exceeded expectations.
- Use simple and concise language.
- Answer each question as fully as possible. Each answer will be evaluated and scored separately.
- Review step 3 below for important information on supporting attachments.
A list of all nominees will be published on Calgary.ca/calgaryawards prior to the Calgary Awards presentation in June.
Nominators are required to obtain consent from their nominee to share personal information with the City of Calgary for the purposes of executing the Calgary Awards Program.
Biographical information will be shared with the juries who select the recipients for each award. Names of all the nominees will be published on the City of Calgary website.
Instructions on how to obtain consent will be posted prior to nominations being accepted.
Missing, unclear or incomplete consent documents will deem the entire nomination package incomplete and will not be accepted.
To enhance the nomination, it is recommended that supporting attachments be included highlighting the relevance and merit of the nominee.
- Each file must be under 2 MB. Combine supporting documents into a maximum of three attachments with a combined total not to exceed 14 pages.
- Self-nominations for individuals require at least one letter of reference. Not required for organizations who self-nominate.
- Supporting materials may include letters of reference, testimonials and newspaper articles.
- Do not include web links or URLs; print and scan or copy and paste webpage content. Jury members will NOT click on links that are included in a nomination.
- Acceptable file types are: Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and images (.jpg or .jpeg).
- Do not use these characters when naming files / \ : * ? “ < > |.
Tip: Combine similar materials into one file. For example, combine all word documents into one document, or combine pdfs and webpages into one pdf.
Nominations for the 2022 Calgary Awards will be accepted from January 5 to February 9, 2022.
Only nominations submitted through the online form prior to the closing date will be accepted for the 2022 awards program.
- For an optimal experience, use Google Chrome as your web browser.
- The nomination form cannot be saved. If the web browser session remains open, it will not time out and your work will not be lost.
- Copy and paste the “Nominee’s Achievements” section from the nomination form into a word document to compile your nomination content then copy and paste it back into the online form. This will allow you to save your work or share with others. Do not include the word document with duplicate content.
- The nomination form must be completed in English. Use Google Translate to assist you.
Nomination form – the nomination form link will be available when nominations open.
Nominations for The City of Calgary W.O. Mitchell Book Prize will be accepted from October 12 to December 31, 2021. See The City of Calgary W.O. Mitchell Book Prize for more information.
For more information, call 403-268-8881 or email email@example.com.