Member recruitment for the Licence and Community Standards Appeal Board
Recruitment for vacancies on the Calgary LCSAB occurs every fall. Details surrounding the recruitment process are generally posted on this page every August/September.
Members of the Board must be 18 years of age or older and be current residents of Calgary.
The Board seeks candidates with:
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret complex municipal bylaws and sections of the Municipal Government Act.
- Experience in quasi-judicial boards or administrative tribunals is an asset.
- Strong listening skills, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be open-minded and objective and respectful of the opinions of others.
- Ability to consider appeals based on facts and governing legislation using good analytical skills and without bias.
- Ability to work with the Chair and Board Members in a collaborative manner.