Service-based planning means:
- more collaboration to increase efficiencies
- breaking down organizational silos to work better, together
- saving time and using your money wisely
This means Council will make better-informed decisions based on the services you value.
Service-based budgeting means:
- that The City will work more effectively and efficiently to best deliver what matters most to you.
This means you'll be able to see how each service is performing and the value of that service.
On the job, for you
We’re over 1,500 employees delivering fire and community services to 1.2 million Calgarians. From fire response and motor vehicle collisions to emergency medical incidents, specialized rescue services, and community outreach programs, we’re dedicated to the health, safety and vitality of Calgarians. We’re yours, for life.View all services
In short, you'll know:
- where your money is going
- the value you're getting for your investment
- we are delivering on the services you value
Innovating for the Future
Innovation happens by changing culture, processes, and policies. We're working on all three.
Ways we're innovating to work smarter:
- Ongoing surveys and check-ins with Calgarians (Citizen Satisfaction Survey and engagement
- Auditing services to find efficiencies (Zero-based budget reviews)
- Citizen innovation hub (suggest and vote on ideas to improve services)
Calgarians are telling us what matters to them. We want to keep hearing from you!
You've told us what you value. Now we're making it happen.
We're working to make lives better for Calgarians- every day.