Business tax payment
All unpaid business tax from prior years is overdue and must be paid immediately. Contact Credit and Collections at 403-268-2507 to make payment arrangements.
- Banks and financial institutions - in person, ATM, internet and phone
- In person - at the City Cashiers
- Credit card
- 24-hour deposit box
Banks and financial institutions
Payments can be made through most chartered banks, trust companies, credit unions, and Alberta Treasury Branches.
ATM or in person at the branch
To pay a bill at an ATM or in person (at a branch) you must first register that bill to your bank account bill payment profile.
In person: Have your business tax bill with you for the teller to register/confirm your Business Identifier (BID) number on your bank account bill payment profile.
ATM: This option is available if you have registered your business identifier (BID) number on your bank account’s bill payment profile.
- Register your business tax bill at your bank. Have your bill with you for the teller to register/confirm your BID on your bill profile with the bank.
- Register your business tax bill online or by telephone banking by following the steps shown in the Internet and phone section below.
- Keep your ATM receipt as proof of the date and time of payment.
Internet and phone
- Search and select: “Calgary (City of) Business Tax” in your bank’s bill payment system.
- Account number: the eight-digit BID (business identifier) shown on your tax bill. If your bank requires additional digits, include zeros in front of your BID.
- If you have more than one business tax bill, register and make payment on each BID separately.
If you have previously registered business tax bill(s) with your bank:
- Review the registered account number(s) (BID) to ensure it matches the BID on your current tax bill.
- If your BID has changed since your last bill payment be sure to register your new BID. This will ensure your payment is applied to your current bill.
Pay in person at City Cashiers
Third floor, Calgary Municipal Building, 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Pay by cash, cheque, or Interac debit card.
- When using your debit card please be aware of your daily withdrawal limit.
- Credit card payments are not accepted.
Tax Advisory Services
3rd floor, Calgary Municipal Building, 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Business Tax cannot be paid by credit card directly to The City of Calgary.
Some third-party online payment providers in Canada offer credit card as a payment option for business tax.
The City of Calgary does not endorse third-party payment providers and advises customers that:
- companies offering this service charge transaction fees, which are paid by the customer,
- there is no guaranteed date when the payment will be received by The City, and the delivery of payment to The City can take several days or weeks, and
24-hour deposit box
The deposit box is located on the east side of the Municipal Building, 3 Street S.E.
- Use cheque or money order (not cash).
- Enclose the remittance portion of your bill and write the Business Identifier (BID) Number on your cheque.
The City of Calgary #8044
P.O. Box 2405, Station M
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Send a cheque or money order (do not send cash) payable to The City of Calgary. Write your BID on your cheque and enclose the return portion of your bill.
- Ensure your cheque is signed and completed accurately, as The City of Calgary is not responsible for errors and/or omissions.
- The Canada Post postmark is honoured as the payment date. Commercial postage meter imprints are not honoured.
- If the postmark of Canada Post is absent or illegible, the date received by The City of Calgary will be considered the payment date.
- The City is not responsible for lost payments. Late payment penalties will apply.