SEEPP Sustainability Leadership Questionnaire
The City of Calgary is committed to responsible stewardship of our natural and economic resources. Vendors are improving their standards to demonstrate their commitment to sustainability. In response, The City has updated the Standard SEEPP Sustainability Leadership Questionnaire.
Starting in early 2016, the updated questionnaire will:
- be attached to all new bid opportunities in the product and service categories listed below;
- be used to evaluate potential City vendors; and
- be required to be completed as a condition of doing business with The City, if attached to a bid opportunity.
The SEEPP implementation approach
Due to the scope of procurement activities at The City, the Sustainable Environmental & Ethical Procurement Policy (SEEPP) will be implemented in phases. Eventually, SEEPP will apply to the purchase of all City goods and services. The City will conduct risk analyses to identify and prioritize commodity areas. New categories are also being piloted to expand the impact of SEEPP to City purchases.
Product and service categories selected for SEEPP implementation
- Cleaning and Janitorial Services
- Courier / Freight
- Food Services and Equipment
- Fuels, Oils and Lubricants
- Print services
- Promotional Items
- Safety Supplies and Equipment
- Special events
- Waste Management – Disposal and Recycling