The City of Calgary kicks off its 2020 paving program
• MacLeod Trail (northbound lanes) from Glenmore Trail to 75 Ave. S.W.
• MacLeod Trail (northbound lanes) from Canyon Meadows Dr. to Heritage Dr.
• 4 Ave. from 3 St. S.E. to 6 St. S.W.
• 162 Ave. S.W. from Shawville Blvd. to Everstone Dr. S.W.
• 63 Ave. S.W. and Lancaster Way S.W.
• James McKevitt Rd. S.W. from MacLeod Trail to Fish Creek Blvd.
• 16 Ave. N.W. from 29 St. to 43 St. N.W.
• Crowchild Trail N.W. from Tuscany LRT Station to 12 Mile Coulee Rd.
• Crowchild Trail N.W. (westbound and eastbound lanes) from Sarcee Trail to Nosehill Dr.
• Silver Springs Gt. N.W. from Silver Springs Blvd. to Crowchild Trail
• Nose Hill Dr. N.W. from Silver Springs Blvd. N.W. to John Laurie Blvd. N.W.
• Mayland Heights
There will be 285 lane-kilometers resurfaced this year with a majority of work will be completed by local contractors creating local jobs in our city.
Other helpful tips for drivers include:
• Plan trips with the expectation that travel will take a few minutes longer during the summer construction season.
• Use alternate routes if you know the whereabouts of a construction zone, especially zones operating over a lengthy period of time. This will reduce traffic congestion and related risks.
• Obey speed limits in construction zones. Sometimes hazards are not visible to the motorist, but still pose a threat.
• Obey all rules and signs even when people and equipment are not working – these are there for your safety and there may be danger present
• Cooperate with other drivers to keep traffic moving smoothly. When traffic needs to merge because of a lane closure, ease into the driving lane early and leave gaps for other vehicles to merge.
The City would also like to remind citizens they are able to see all roadway projects, including paving, on the Roadway Activities Map. For more information on this year’s paving projects, visit www.Calgary.ca/paving.
Categories: Councillor, Tranportation