Welcome to my Parks page! Parks are an essential part of quality urban living. We value our parks, actively using them for sports, festivals and exercise as well as for quiet respite and enjoyment of nature. Great parks contribute to healthy communities and a high quality of life in Calgary.
Ward 1 is blessed to have several notable parks in its communities. To list a few: 12 Mile Coulee Natural Environment Park; Baker Park; Bowmont Natural Environment Park; Bowness Park; Shouldice Athletic Park, Dale Hodges Park and Haskayne Legacy Park.
Some of the parks are in various stages of restoration, repair and growth. As well, there are several projects underway, such as pathway rehabilitation, parks programs, new apps, and educational initiatives.
I am excited to announce that Calgary Parks has created a Pathways & Trails 2016 Work Plans Map. This map details the proposed locations of work for 2016, includes work for future years (2017+), and shows locations completed in 2014 and 2015. As well, the map shows existing pathway lifecycle projects as well as new missing link connections. The "live" document that will be frequently updated so check the list periodically throughout the year to keep up-to-date and current on our Parks Pathways & Trails 2016 work plans.
- Rocky Ridge - Community Park Initiative
- August 2018 Ward 1 Report
- July Ward 1 Report
- Dale Hodges Park
- Bowmont Naturalization Project
- Bowness Wading Pool Update
- Update - Parking Issues by Bowness Park
- Bowmont Park Fenced Off-Leash Area FAQ
- Bowness Wading Pool
- Outfall repair project - Bowcrest Park
- 12 Mile Coulee Natural Environment Park
- Bowmont Natural Environment Park Update
- East Bowmont Park and Water Resources
- Haskayne Legacy Park
- Renovations & Upgrades for Bowness Park
- Dandelion Concerns