Ward 13 communities
Beautiful Ward 13 is comprised of ten established community districts with over 80 thousand people spread among them. As a fast growing quadrant of the city, we have had a 16.6% population increase over the past 6 years. We are a preferred community choice for those wanting to live in the awesome suburbs of Calgary.
The makeup of our diverse community continues to evolve. Currently, over 25% of our population include visible minorities or folks who represent an immigrant population. This percentage grows each year and we welcome the cultural enrichment this has given our Ward!
In addition to having well-established communities and a diverse collection of residents, Calgarians choose to live in Ward 13 because of all the amazing amenities available and the lush outdoor spaces it holds. Divided by the beautiful Fish Creek Provincial Park and bordered by the Tsuu T’ina Nation and the Rockies to the West, Ward 13 is a great place to come to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and feel connected to the nature that surrounds us.
We are fortunate to have the south line of the LRT systems run through the ward with several stations available bridging the distance between our communities and the centre of town. The community districts within Ward 13 are considered very 'walkable' and are known to be some of the most vibrant neighbourhoods in Calgary.
Fast facts about Ward 13
- Over 70% of our homes are single detached dwellings.
- We have nearly 5,000 children less than 4 years of age; approx. 15,000 between the ages of 4-19; over 35,000 between the ages of 20-55; and 15,000 people over the age of 55. No wonder we feel young at heart!
- Over 50% of our population is married.
- Nearly 20% of our families are headed up by a lone parent.
- 10% of us live on our own and 20% of our seniors do too.