Northridge Feedermain Project - Update
- The Northridge Feedermain is an extension of The City of Calgary’s water distribution system.
- It will enhance capacity and ensure the reliability of the drinking water supply to existing and future communities in North Calgary.
- It is approximately 5,000m in length and 1.35m diameter in size, connecting to the Spy Hill North Pump station along a route adjacent to Panorama Hills Boulevard N.W., Panamount Boulevard N.W., Harvest Hills Boulevard N.W., and then along the transportation utility corridor to 140 Avenue N.W.
- Construction is divided in two stages based on methodology: microtunneling or an open trench.
Road detours have been implemented in these areas:
- Westbound lanes of northbound Panorama Hills Boulevard N.W. and Panamount Boulevard N.W. in front of St. Jerome School will be closed in order to complete restoration. Eastbound lanes will accommodate two-way traffic.
- Westbound lanes of Panamount Boulevard N.W. from Harvest Hills Boulevard to Panamount Hill N.W. will be closed. Eastbound lanes will accommodate two-way traffic, (Aug. 26, 2019 for approximately eight weeks.)
- Right southbound lane on Harvest Hills Boulevard N.W., just south of the Stoney Trail overpass will be closed from Sept. 5, 2019 until end of the year to facilitate safe construction traffic access into the Transportation Utility Coordinator (TUC).
- Rolling closures of southbound Harvest Hills Boulevard N.W. beginning from Panatella Boulevard, to Panamount Boulevard will begin Sept. 12, 2019. Northbound lanes will accommodate two-way traffic.
- Northbound 14 Street N.W. north of Stoney trail, through and past the intersection at Symons Valley Parkway N.W. Southbound lanes will accommodate two-way traffic. During this work:
- Westbound access from the intersection onto 140 Avenue N.W. will be closed. Detour is via 144 Avenue N.W.
- A temporary pedestrian crosswalk will be located north of the existing crosswalk and a flag person will be stationed from 7am to 7pm during construction operational dates.
- The bus stop for the 124 route will be relocated
Along the feedermain route, some traffic signals and streetlights may have to be removed to install the feedermain in 4m to 6m deep trenches. The City will plan for temporary signals to be in place and ensure continuity of streetlighting.