Playfield tournament, day camps, and weekday bookings prior to 6 p.m.
Tournament, day camp and weekday booking requests prior to 6:00pm must be made by submitting a playfield tournament application form. playfield tournament application form a minimum of 30 days prior to your planned event. Upon approval you will be sent a permit.
Tournament or day camp applicants will be contacted for payment of a $26.25 non-refundable tournament or day camp administration fee. Your application will be sent to the appropriate Parks area office(s) for review when this fee is paid.
The balance is due 30 days prior to the first booking date on the permit. The application will be reviewed by Parks, which will provide specific permissions for use of industrial BBQ's, tents, etc. This process can take up to four weeks.
Anyone organizing a tournament with alcohol or tents exceeding a combined area of 600 sq feet must contact Event Services for information and booking at (403) 476-4323 or firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 90 days prior to your planned event. Visit planning a festival or event for more information.
*Special Events (non-sporting events): Any event that is not a regular sporting event and is not serving alcohol (such as community days, carnivals) must refer to booking a park, pathway or greenspace.
- Tournaments do not qualify for automatic renewals.
- Applications are accepted all year round. Although the regular season runs April 15 to October 15, applications are still required for groups planning events or need to book times outside of normal permitted hours and dates, including weekdays (Mon- Fri) between 9am – 6 pm.
- Tournament/day camp applications must be received a minimum of 30 days prior to your planned event to allow for processing and approval.
- Tournaments must be booked as a tournament and are separate to your regular or renewal booking.
- Port-o-potty rentals are highly recommended. Please call 311 to approve Port-o-potty placement.
- For maintenance requests on D&E Playfields, please call 311.