Lifeguard and swim instructor careers
Looking for a fun job with flexible hours and great pay? We are looking for individuals who love the water and work with children at locations around Calgary.
What we offer
- Competitive wages and high earning potential
- Flexible hours (daytime, evenings and weekend hours available)
- A fun and friendly atmosphere
- On-going training to become a lifeguard
The instructor is responsible for conducting and developing program and lesson plans for swimming instruction at all levels. Instructors evaluate students' performance and maintain records of performance and attendance.
They also ensure compliance with safety procedures and deal with patrons' questions and concerns regarding swimming lessons.
Courses and certifications
Bronze Cross or National Lifeguard
Union: CUPE Local 37
Position Type: Temporary Part-Time
We regularly recruit instructors, with major seasonal hires taking place in January, March and September.
You will be required to provide the following:
- Applicant must be at least 16 years of age
- Current Swim for Life/Life Saving Instructor course completion
- Current CPR Level C and Standard First Aid documentation
Our application and interview information can help prepare you for the application process.