City Operator's Permit
Who can qualify for a City Operator's Permit?
If you meet the criteria below you would be eligible to complete the knowledge test, vision screening and driving skills evaluation to obtain an Operator's Permit.
- Have a valid Class 5 Operator's or a Graduated Driver's (GDL) License
- No more than:
- six demerit points on a Class 5 License or
- four demerit points on a Graduated Driver's License
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Your driver's abstract (current within three months) is free of the following convictions for the past three year period:
- Failing to remain at the scene of an accident
- Careless/Dangerous driving
- Failing to stop for a peace officer
- Speeding that exceeds the posted limit by 50 km per hour or more
- Driving while suspended or disqualified
- Drivers charged with an alcohol or drug related impaired driving offence
- Distracted driving