Jump and splash
This activity is a good way to practice how to skip rope. This is fun to play inside the house or in your backyard!
- Skipping rope (if you don’t have one, use heavy rope and tie knots on each end)
- A glass of water filled about half way (tap water is okay)
- A partner (optional)
Have a partner hold one end of the rope and tie the other end to a post or door knob. If you don't have a partner, lay the rope on the floor.
The jumper will hold the water while skipping rope. Jump from one side of the rope to the other without spilling the water.
- See how many times you can skip rope while holding the glass of water
- If you’re playing by yourself:
- Try to hop back and forth with one leg
- Add a spin into your jumps
- If you’re playing with a partner:
- Try skipping rope with your eyes closed