This activity is a good way to practice how to skip rope. This is fun to play inside the house or in your backyard!
- 2-3 people
- Jump rope or heavy rope
- Something to tie one end of the rope onto (e.g. a post, chair leg, etc.)
- Comfortable clothes to move around in
Imagine that the jump rope has suddenly become a giant python! Have two people each hold one end of the jump rope (if you don't have a person to do this, tie the rope onto something or lay it flat on the floor).
Move the rope back and forth to make it slither like a snake. Jump back and forth to avoid the snake! If you touch the snake, switch who the jumper is.
- Can you SKIP over the snake?
- How about jumping back and forth with one leg?
- Add a spin while you jump!