Benefits of taking our fitness classes
- The perfect blend of appropriate intensity and motivation in a fun group setting
- Improve mood, mental health and sleep
- Build self-confidence and self-efficacy
- Improve muscular strength, bone density, cardiovascular health and overall flexibility
- Enhance coordination, balance and body awareness
- Get to know others in your community
- Reduce your risk of heart attack, type 2 diabetes and some cancers
- Lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels
Types of fitness classes
You can register online, in person at our Recreation facilities, or by calling
Spring & summer programs can be previewed on Mar. 9, 2023
Registration for spring & summer programs will begin Mar. 14, 2023 at 6:00 a.m. online (online waiting room opens at 5:30 a.m.), at any City-operated Aquatic Recreation facility or Arts Centre during posted business hours, or by calling the Customer Service Centre at 403-268-3800 (option 1) - 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Why choose us?
One of the things we do best is create a caring community! We pride ourselves on offering classes that welcome every level of fitness.
We have a wide variety of class types to choose from. Classes are taught by professionally certified instructors who provide excellent instruction and encouragement to reach your fitness and wellness goals.