Shouldice Athletic Park
Soccer, football, softball and baseball make Shouldice Athletic Park a sport hotspot for hosting training, leagues and tournaments of all calibers. Located in Northwest Calgary, Shouldice boasts three regulation size artificial turf fields, the facility is available for booking (March through November, weather permitting) to all interested rental groups including football, soccer, lacrosse, ultimate, field hockey, rugby, special events, tournaments. In addition to the three artificial turf sport fields, Shouldice has 4 grass sport fields and 8 ball diamonds.
The Shouldice Dome
Opening in early October, the public will have access to a seasonal inflated dome which will increase the number of ways Calgarians can stay active throughout the cold winter months. Over the next few weeks, The City will be setting up the interior anchor points, installation, testing of safety, security and communication systems, along with staff training.
The Dome Facilities Association has identified an urgent need for year-round practice and competition spaces for sports. This new structure would be able to accommodate these groups through the winter, allowing for greater use of the amenities at Shouldice Athletic Park.
The Shouldice Dome will be available to rent for any sport organization. More information will be provided as the facility comes closer to opening in October 2022.
Features and amenities
- Four (4) regulation soccer fields
- Two (2) softball diamonds
- Shouldice artificial turf fields - Three (3) soccer / football fields with lights, score clocks and public announcement (PA) system
- One baseball diamond with 370' fenced outfield
- Four (4) softball fields with 240' fenced outfield, lights, public announcement (PA) system and score clocks
- Field concession
- Field house with dressing rooms and washrooms
- Public washrooms (37 stalls including two family toilet rooms)
- Eight (8) multi-sport locker rooms (capacity for approximately 30 players each with adjustable partitions)
- Officials’ locker room
- Player drop-off zone
- Food truck parking
- Public Parking
Flood Remediation and Park Maintenance
We recognize the impact that ongoing construction has for residents and park users, and ask your continued patience as we continue to improve and maintain the park. There are currently two projects planned to begin in the summer of 2016: